[ic] Platform compatability question

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Mar 15 19:30:16 EST 2007

On 03/15/2007 01:13 PM, Michael Schulewski wrote:
> Is it possible to run interchange on a Unix server that will
> interoperate with a Microsoft IIS based web server?

I don't know very much about IIS, but I think it should be doable.  You
need to be able to run one of the link scripts on the IIS server.  The
tlink script should compile and run under cygwin, otherwise you can use
the tlink.pl script (not as efficient as the C version) and run it with
the windows version of perl.  Alternatively, if you're proficient in C
you may be able to port the regulat tlink script to run on windows
natively (if you do so it would be nice to get that contributed back to
the community).

The tlink and tlink.pl scripts communicate via a standard internet
socket to interchange, so as long as you can run one of them as a CGI
script you will be fine.

> If it is, what configuration activity must take place on both the
> Microsoft IIS and Unix/Interchange hosts?

Configuration of tlink and tlink.pl is done via internal variables that
are swapped out at configuration time.  Configuration of interchange is
pretty stragiht forward, you just need to set it to listen on an
internet socket instead of a unix socket.

Peter