[ic] "Fuzzy" searching

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:43:12 EST 2007

> > > There are no "pages" in the RTFM website.  All of the text is in
> > > various database tables.  Crawling tables is just as easy as crawling
> > > HTML pages.  In fact, it's quicker and easier to select from a table.
> > >
> > Nice.  Do you use it for speed and fuzzy searching?
> >
> I use it for fuzzy searching and for the general accuracy of its
> results.  It's very quick too, which is always a bonus.
>

> > > I use "op=aq", and I'm happy with that.
> > >
> > I installed Text::Query::Advanced but op=aq doesn't seem to be
> > working.  Is there any special configuration that needs to be done?
> >
> I have "Require module Text::Query" in interchange.cfg.  I don't
> think that that is required;  The directive is really there to give
> me a kick if I move the website to another server and forget to
> install the module.
>
> Did you install Text::Query or just Text::Query::Advanced?  I think
> Text::Query comes with both ::Advanced and and ::Simple sub-modules.
> You'll need the base module.

I spoke a little too soon.  op=tq is failing intermittently and
leaving an error in error.log.  op=aq appears to leave the same error
each time.  Here it is:

search error: Limit subroutine creation: Bad code: syntax error at
(tag 'value') line 8, near "] tqsearch term "

If I use op=rm it never fails or produces that error in error.log.
Could this be because I'm on IC 5.2?  Is there a particular file or
set of files I should grab from CVS to try and fix this?

- Grant