[ic] Interchange UPS Zone file change and update

Greg Rasberry at Razcon grasberry at razcon.com
Thu May 3 19:16:36 EDT 2007

>>Hi Steve,  Thanks much for the reply.   Here is my shipping.asc file
>>We have played with changing the 450 setting to try and get it to point
>>our 920 file. Your thoughts are greatly apreciated.
>>

>>free_or_upsg:   UPS Ground
>>         crit    [subtotal noformat=1]
>

> How does your database declarations look in catalog.cfg ?
>
> here are a few of mine.... notice the default directory - maybe.....
>
> Shipping   Postal     default_geo   76021
> Shipping   QueryUPS   default_geo   04175
> Shipping   default    dir           products/ship
>
> Database   2ndDayAir        ship/2ndDayAir.csv         CSV
> Database   2ndDayAirAM      ship/2ndDayAirAM.csv       CSV
> Database   3DaySelect       ship/3DaySelect.csv        CSV
> Database   Expedited        ship/Expedited.csv         CSV
> Database   Express          ship/Express.csv           CSV
> Database   Ground           ship/Ground.csv            CSV
> Database   NextDayAir       ship/NextDayAir.csv        CSV
> Database   NextDayAirSaver  ship/NextDayAirSaver.csv   CSV
> Database   Xarea            ship/Xarea.csv             CSV
> Database   Zone             ship/Zone.csv              CSV
> Database   usps             ship/usps.txt              TAB
>

> It has to be related to either catalog.cfg or the zone file....
> always apply changes, or restart IC after you change either shipping,
> or catalog.cfg files....
>
> I haven't followed the entire exchange you have been having, so
> hopefully I'm not covering the same suggestions...
>
> -Steve

Here is the catalog.cfg data for the shipping section for our system
Note that we have manually changed the Shipping setting to our 92009 from
the default in the 450xx range that was their. Issued a server restart
after an apply and still get the 450 as the only option in the Admin GUI.
Note that ups_cache vice like a 920.csv, seems the UPS ares are different.

### Shipping setup. See Interchange docs -- you will want to change
### the origin postal code and default destination postal codes, for sure.
Shipping   Postal     default_geo   92009
Shipping   QueryUPS   default_geo   92009
Shipping   default    dir           products/ship

Database   2ndDayAir        ship/2ndDayAir.csv         CSV
Database   2ndDayAirAM      ship/2ndDayAirAM.csv       CSV
Database   3DaySelect       ship/3DaySelect.csv        CSV
Database   Expedited        ship/Expedited.csv         CSV
Database   Express          ship/Express.csv           CSV
Database   Ground           ship/Ground.csv            CSV
Database   NextDayAir       ship/NextDayAir.csv        CSV
Database   NextDayAirSaver  ship/NextDayAirSaver.csv   CSV
Database   Xarea            ship/Xarea.csv             CSV
Database   Zone             ship/Zone.csv              CSV
Database   usps             ship/usps.txt              TAB
Database   Book             ship/Book.txt              TAB
Database   Priority         ship/Priority.txt          TAB
Database   air_pp           ship/air_pp.txt            TAB
Database   surf_pp          ship/surf_pp.txt           TAB
Database   ups_cache        ship/ups_cache.txt         __SQLDSN__
Database   ups_cache        AUTO_SEQUENCE  ups_cache_seq
Database   ups_cache        DEFAULT_TYPE varchar(12)
Database   ups_cache        INDEX  weight origin zip shipmode country