[ic] Interchange UPS Zone file change and update

Greg Rasberry at Razcon grasberry at razcon.com
Fri May 4 14:26:18 EDT 2007

>>Here is the catalog.cfg data for the shipping section for our system
>>Note that we have manually changed the Shipping setting to our 92009 from
>>the default in the 450xx range that was their. Issued a server restart
>>after an apply and still get the 450 as the only option in the Admin GUI.
>>Note that ups_cache vice like a 920.csv, seems the UPS ares are
>> different.
>

> Could you elaborate a little on what you mean by 450 is the only
> option in Admin UI?
>
> What menu screen are you looking at, or are you taking about the
> databases shown?
>
> What kind of database are you using?
>
> -Steve

Thanks much for the follow up, I realize that you did not catch the
earlyer data, so I have included some below.

The Menu option I have been looking at is in
Administration->Commerce->Shipping->"upsg:" UPS Ground" -> Edit Method ->
UPS Zone chart - >450 is the only option not 910 etc.

We are using a basic setup Mysql as installed by the installer scripts etc.

R,
Greg

>From 5-1-07-------------------------------------------------------
I have noted that the file formats for 450.csv and 450ps.csv seem to
> be different.  The file formats for the new 910.csv seems to match
> that of the 450.csv, so thus the re-name attempt.
>
> So far all I have tried is the GUI settings and then re-naming a new
> 910.csv to 450.csv to no effect.

4-23-07
I placed the file 910.csv in the products/ and products/ship/ folders, and
after an "apply changes" they did appear in the dropdown (still had 450
only).  I did change my orgin zipcode through the admin interface
"Administration->Shipping (link)" and changed UPS_ORIGIN to my zipcode.

4-23-07
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 13:24 -0700, Greg Rasberry at Razcon wrote:
> We are using Interchange 5.4.1 and have obtained a UPS Zone file for
> our area (emailed requests to UPS for Zone files, do get a good reply
> with the needed zip file).
>
> We added (for example) our new 910.csv to the ./products and
> ./products/ship/ folders.  But this did not add them to the shipping
> table selection drop down in the admin menu (UPS Zone Chart).  We also
> have just tried copying over the 450.csv with a renamed 910.csv zone
> file to use the correct data but the shipping rates did not seem to
> change. We also did an admin area “Apply changes” and an Interchange
restart as well.