[ic] I can't seem to create new products and inventory tables...

mail lists at gmnet.net
Wed May 9 08:44:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been trying to change the products and inventory tables in my
catalog because I need to give another developer a clear way to upload
to these tables.  I didn't change the Inventory table at all except that
I added the definition for the min_order field.  It was missing in the
standard foundation.

here is my modified inventory.mysql file:
Database  inventory  inventory.txt __SQLDSN__
Database  inventory  COLUMN_DEF   "sku=char(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"
Database  inventory  COLUMN_DEF   "quantity=INT(12)"
Database  inventory  NUMERIC       quantity
Database  inventory  COLUMN_DEF   "stock_msg=char(64)"
Database  inventory  COLUMN_DEF   "account=char(64)"
Database  inventory  COLUMN_DEF   "cogs_account=char(64)"
Database  inventory  COLUMN_DEF   "min_order=INT(12)"
Database  inventory  NUMERIC       min_order

and here is my inventory.txt file:
sku     quantity        stock_message   account cogs_account
min_order
001     1000    In stock

I needed to clearly defign all the products fields and I added some for
this catalog.

here is my products.mysql file:
Database  products  products.txt __SQLDSN__
Database  products  KEY          sku
Database  products  HIDE_FIELD   inactive
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "sku=char(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "title=varchar(128) DEFAULT '' NOT
NULL"
Database  products  INDEX         title
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "description=varchar(128) NOT NULL"
Database  products  INDEX         description
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "serial_number=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "metakeywords=varchar(128) NOT NULL
DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "metadescription=varchar(128) NOT NULL
DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "comment=TEXT"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "thumb=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "image=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "image_large=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "template_page=varchar(64)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "url=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "price=DECIMAL(12,2) NOT NULL"
Database  products  NUMERIC       price
Database  products  INDEX         price
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "sale_price=DECIMAL(12,2)"
Database  products  NUMERIC       sale_price
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "wholesale=DECIMAL(12,2)"
Database  products  NUMERIC       wholesale
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "cost=DECIMAL(12,2)"
Database  products  NUMERIC       cost
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "prod_group=varchar(64) NOT NULL
DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  INDEX         prod_group
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "category=varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT
''"
Database  products  INDEX         category
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "tax_category=varchar(128) NOT NULL
DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "nontaxable=CHAR(3)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "option_type=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "author=varchar(255)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "related=text"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "featured=varchar(32)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "weight=varchar(12) DEFAULT '0' NOT
NULL"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "gift_cert=tinyint(1) DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "donation=tinyint(1) DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "download=tinyint(1) DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "dl_type=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "dl_location=varchar(128)"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "nla=tinyint(1) DEFAULT ''"
Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "inactive=tinyint(1) DEFAULT ''"

here is my products.txt file:
sku     title   description     serial_number   metakeywords
metadescription comment thumb   image   i
mage_large      template_page   url     price   sale_price
wholesale       cost    prod_group      c
ategory tax_category    nontaxable      option_type     author  related
featured        weight  gift_cert
        donation        download        dl_type dl_location     nla
inactive
001     test    testdescrip     1000001 keywordstest    descriptiontest
comment test.gif        test2.gif
                                18.99           14.00   8.00    Tools
testcategory            1
                                2       0       0       0
0       0

Of course this email will wrap and change the configuration of the tabs
etc.. but the tabs are right in my files.

Now when I restart IC, I get the following errors...

Configuring catalog ppsdemo...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:ppsicdemo...table products created: create table products
(
sku char(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
title varchar(128) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
description varchar(128) NOT NULL,
serial_number varchar(128),
metakeywords varchar(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
metadescription varchar(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
comment TEXT,
thumb varchar(128),
image varchar(128),
image_large varchar(128),
template_page varchar(64),
url varchar(128),
price DECIMAL(12,2) NOT NULL,
sale_price DECIMAL(12,2),
wholesale DECIMAL(12,2),
cost DECIMAL(12,2),
prod_group varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
category varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
tax_category varchar(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
nontaxable CHAR(3),
option_type varchar(128),
author varchar(255),
related text,
featured varchar(32),
weight varchar(12) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
gift_cert tinyint(1) DEFAULT '',
donation tinyint(1) DEFAULT '',
download tinyint(1) DEFAULT '',
dl_type varchar(128),
dl_location varchar(128),
nla tinyint(1) DEFAULT '',
inactive tinyint(1) DEFAULT ''
)

set_row error on key '001': You have an error in your SQL syntax near '
14.00, 8.00, 'Tools', 'testcategory', '', '1', '', '', '', '', '2', '0',
'0', '' at line 1
table 'products' failed: products import into  failed: set_row error on
key '001': You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 14.00, 8.00,
'Tools', 'testcategory', '', '1', '', '', '', '', '2', '0', '0', '' at
line 1 at /usr/local/interchange-5.4.0/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1393.

table inventory created: create table inventory (
sku char(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
quantity INT(12),
stock_message char(128),
account char(64),
cogs_account char(64),
min_order INT(12)
)

set_row error on key '001': You have an error in your SQL syntax near
')' at line 1
table 'inventory' failed: inventory import into  failed: set_row error
on key '001': You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1
at /usr/local/interchange-5.4.0/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1393.

ppsdemo config error: products not a database, cannot use as products
file

ppsdemo: error in configuration. Skipping.
ppsdemo: config error. Skipping.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

thanks
Rick