[ic] mixed up catalog.cfg files

Dan Bergan danb at berganconsulting.com
Thu May 10 08:26:15 EDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Stefan Hornburg <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:
> Paul Jordan wrote:
> > interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:

> >> You'll want to check out the NoImport directive to prevent that from
> >> happening in the future:
> >>
> >> http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/icconfi
> >> g_118.html
> >

> > I agree - I use this religiously. I think NoImport should be the default
> > BTW, or there should be some NoImport * facility that can be overridden by
> > the mysql definition itself, or lack thereof.
>
> I agree, the standard mode should be to import only if the corresponding
> database table doesn't exist.
>
> Bye
>         Racke

Sorry about my previous top-post... didn't realize I did that.

My live catalog was based on the old foundation, and now I'm
redeveloping the site and based it on the "standard" catalog.  The
standard catalog has the line:
 DatabaseDefault  HIDE_AUTO_FILES  1
So, I guess if I didn't do this by accident a couple days ago, it
probably would have happened when I went live anyway.  So, I guess I'm
glad it happened now.

I guess I'll be going through that catalog.cfg line-by-line to make
sure I don't have anything else that will cause me a headache.  At
first glance everything looks fine, but I thought "HIDE_AUTO_FILES"
seemed harmless enough.  :-)

Has anyone converted from a "foundation-based" to a "standard-based"
catalog and have any tips for me?

Thanks,
Dan