[ic] Heads up about a security flaw with UPS's new Delivery Intercept service

Louie Martinez louie at kopykake.com
Tue May 22 18:56:27 EDT 2007

Steve Graham said the following on 5/10/2007 9:16 PM:

> Have you reviewed the transaction data at your credit card processor? Do
> you have many transactions being declined, or tested for address zip
> code matches?
>
> I just posted some code about 1-2 weeks ago that blocks multiple credit
> card attempts by bogus customers - nipped our problem in the bud -
> thanks for the heads up....
>
> -Steve

That's the thing. All the information they gave, name, billing address,
shipping address, it was all the correct customer's information. It's
basically as if someone got your credit card info, ordered an item as
you and had it sent to your house...and then they call up UPS and had
them redirect the package enroute to another location.