[ic] attempting to spam with ord/basket.html?

Dan Bergan danb at berganconsulting.com
Thu May 24 16:30:12 EDT 2007

I have a few of these in my interchange error log:

210.20.212.192 - - [24/May/2007:06:02:55 -0400] basketball
/cgi-bin/basketball/ord/basket.html Unauthorized for that session
es7747 at mydomaingoeshere
> Subject: have now. he computers
> bcc: spam-email-address-here
>
> hadon e ll auri said. r, ever a entradio s joked anoise of faircasivery
> space staine me. ineffected
>

> 2b291452ca35e0a42b296e7b095f7cbd
> .
> . Logged.

So, it looks like someone is trying to spam by posting to my
ord/basket.html page.

I'm only seeing this in one of my catalogs, so I'm hoping that it is
someone (or some script) that thinks my shopping cart is some kind of
formmail script.  Does anyone have any tips on how to check if any of
these attempts have been successful?

I have seen the errors on two separate days - they appear to be coming
from a bunch of different ips all grouped within about a 30 minute
time frame.

Dan Bergan