[ic] Re: SessionExpire and cleaning up sessions

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:09:18 EDT 2007

> > Ok, I have '-mtime 3' and 'SessionExpire 3 days' now.  I guess IC
> > needs to expire a session regardless of whether or not it remains on
> > the filesystem.
>
> SessionExpire defaults to 1 hour if you don't specify it.  I don't see
> why you would want one longer than a day or so.  Do you really expect
> someone to keep a browser window open to your site for three days, not
> use it, and expect to still be logged in when they come back?

Very good point on the default.  As far as what the user does with
their browser, I'm just trying to make my end as forgiving as
possible.  If 3-day old sessions start bogging down the system I'll
have to cut back on that though.  Good thing I started using RobotUA.

> Docs for SessionExpire:
> <http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/SessionExpire.html>

Linked from that page is this:

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/SessionType.html

which has more info on File vs. DBI sessions in case anyone else is
interested.  It doesn't go into detail on Berkeley or GDBM sessions,
but I'll assume File is still preferred.

- Grant