[ic] Unable to send e-mail using sendmail error

Curt Hauge ic_support at mnwebdesign.com
Tue May 29 11:46:07 EDT 2007

Hi list,

My "Lost Password" page is no longer sending the passwords on several
catalogs from the page lost_password.html. This has been happening since
moving to a new server that is using qmail. The error I am seeing in
CATROOT/logs/error.log is "Unable to send mail using /usr/lib/sendmail".
This is followed by the contents of the email that was supposed to be sent
to the user.

In usr/lib I see a symlink: sendmail -> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

This sendmail file does exist in /var/qmail/bin with permission 755
root:qmail (and most other files here are same perms)

All other SMTP functions work on this server, receipts are sent to
customers, etc.

I have grepped for a mail setting in the interchange folder and the catalog
folder, and I have Google searched the icdevgroup.org site, but have not
found an answer. This is happening on IC 4.8.5 and 5.4.0. 'Construct' cats
on Fedora Core 4 with Apache 2.0.54.

Maybe this is a Linux question. Perhaps I need a way to tell SMTP to use
qmail instead of sendmail, but I thought I would drop it by everyone here
and see if anyone has an idea.

Thanks for any input you can offer.

Curt Hauge