[ic] Your favorite method for preventing duplicate orders

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Nov 14 18:44:03 EST 2007

Quoting Davor Ocelic (docelic at spinlocksolutions.com):
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:28:54PM -0800, Grant wrote:
> > What is your favorite method for preventing users from placing
> > duplicate orders?  I suppose this could happen if the user refreshes
> > the order receipt page,
>
> One of the things I absolutely dislike is the fact that the form processor
> displays mv_nextpage to the client while the URL is left at process.html.

You can put mv_nextpage in the URL with:

    <form action="[process href='[scratch nextpage]']" method="POST">
    <input type=hidden name=mv_nextpage value="[scratch nextpage]">
    <input type=hidden name=mv_action value="the-action">

> Even worse, like you say, the browser knows it is a result of form
> submission and if you refresh the page, you perform the action again.

That you can control by making it a POST, of course -- at which time
the browser should warn you.

All of that depends on HTTP, not Interchange. We can do nothing but
follow the protocol...

--
Mike Heins

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson