[ic] Red Hat & Interchange

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Nov 15 10:20:58 EST 2007

Quoting Jon Jensen (jon at endpoint.com):
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Steve Graham wrote:
>
> >Anyone using Red Hat Enterprise Linux with IC? stability, threads...
>
> We use RHEL 3, 4, and 5 with Interchange. It works well.
>
> We build a custom Perl in /usr/local that is unthreaded and put CPAN
> modules there.
>
> When using a 64-bit operating system, we still use a 32-bit Perl and run
> Interchange in 32-bit because of much longer experience with it. I've seen
> Interchange run in 64-bit Perl, but haven't done enough testing to have
> confidence with it in production yet.

I run 64-bit Perl under IA64, and Interchange works fine. You might have
some module installation (i.e. CPAN) issues unless you make sure your
Config.pm properly specifies all architecture values, but a quick Google
search will find the parameters to set.

--
Mike Heins

There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make
a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 12. -- Dave Barry