[ic] interchange.pid

brian pribis crazybeardedman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:50:48 EST 2007

Hello everyone.

I am sort of new to interchange (read up on it about five years ago,
but never got the chance to implement it).

Everything installs great on my laptop and our local server, but when
I installed it on our host's server, which is a Sun, interchange seems
to have a problem finding the interchange.pid file.

As a result, when I try to shutdown interchange or restart it, it
thinks the server isn't running because it can't find a pid for it.

The file contains the correct pid and if I delete it, it gets written
when I start interchange back up.  Group and user are both set to the
group.user that interchange is running at and permission are set to
600 (which is what it is created as).

I can't think what might be going on here; interchange can create the
pid file, write the correct pid in it, but then can't read it on
shutdown.

Any ideas?

cbm