[ic] interchange.pid

Brian Pribis brian.pribis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:01:49 EST 2007

Thanks for the quick response!

> The exact error message would be good to add here. And interchange is
> running fine, until you try a shutdown / restart?

The exact error message is:
"The previous Interchange server was not running and probably terminated
with an error."

In fact, the interchange server is running.  The interchange.pid file
even has the correct pid.

> Tried setting it to 666 just to see what happens?

It doesn't help.  If I delete the interchange.pid file and restart the
IC, it gets created (with 600) and the correct pid is put in it.  It
only seems to be a problem at shutdown.  (I see I have another response
from someone else.  I'll check that out and see what comes of it).

> Sometimes IC works in mysterious ways ... Else life would be too easy :)

Amen, brother!   Don't I know it.   But all in all, it really is the
best setup I have seen so far.  We needed something highly customizable,
and "customizable" is Interchange's middle name.

Yours,
cbm