[ic] Link.pm updates, please commit

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:33:09 EST 2007

> Grant,
>
> One other question about Interchange::Link.
>
> On lines 656-659 of the latest CVS version I see:
>
>      $ok   or do {
>                      server_not_running($r);
>                      return Apache2::Const::OK;
>              };
>
> Shouldn't that return a 500 result instead of 200? If 200 is sent, search
> engines will think the page response is valid, and index it.
>
> Would you like to test having it send a more appropriate response code?

You're right (and good call on looking for other Const::OK mistakes)
but I'm so far unable to make it send anything but a 200.  I declared
HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR and tried changing Const::OK to that with
no luck, and it wouldn't cooperate with NOT_FOUND either.  If either
of those are returned instead of OK, none of the "Interchange is not
running" message is delivered and even the 200 persists.  This is
going on my todos though.

- Grant