[ic] Intermittent 500 on "Submit Order"

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:10:59 EDT 2007

> > I'm seeing intermittent 500 errors when someone clicks the "Submit
> > Order" button.  It seems to happen only when submitting an order.  It
> > can happen regardless of the payment method, so it isn't a problem
> > with GPG.  The backend processes of the order placement always seem to
> > go through fine, but the customer is not seeing the order receipt
> > page.
>
> How is the e-mail being handled, is it in your receipt page also? Or at
> what point in the process? What, if any, mail is received? What mail
> method is being used? I used to get some errors when sending too many
> mail in the order process, which was improved slightly by using
> Net::SMTP, and then cured by using RPC mode.
>
> Try to add some debugging statements, and use what you know to find out
> exactly where it fails. There was an excellent thread a couple weeks
> ago, 'one store gone nuts' - where debugging was discussed in-depth.

Last night I got one of these 500s on one of my multi-page checkout
pages leading up to the last one, but not actually the last one.  I
also noticed that the spammers that use my email form to spam me get
it once in a while.  So I guess it isn't related the the actual order
placement process, but to submitting forms.  I'm on IC 5.2.  Does that
sound familiar to anyone?

- Grant