[ic] if tag weird behavior

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Sun Oct 28 11:08:37 EST 2007

Dear All,

I noticed the following 'weird' behavior of the if tag.

Examine the following code:

[tmp test_value]00000036[/tmp]

[if type=explicit condition="[scratch test_value]"]
         Value is: [scratch test_value]
[else]
         No value
[/else]
[/if]

Result:
         Value is: 00000036

So far so good.

Now set the tmp to another (special ?) value:

[tmp test_value]00000159[/tmp]
..... if-code as above

Result:
         No value

When I change the above code to the following, everything works as expected.

[if type=explicit condition="[scratch test_value]"]
[condition]
         return 1 if $Scratch->{test_value};
         return 0;
[/condition]
         Value is: [scratch test_value]
[else]
         No value
[/else]
[/if]

This behavior can be duplicated in the online demo (test code in admin section)

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting