[ic] Gentoo ebuild for IC, advice requested

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:32:40 EST 2007

I just updated to IC 5.5.2 and I'd like to have a crack at finishing
the Gentoo ebuild for IC while the process is fresh in my mind.  I
have a basic ebuild that worked for 5.2.0 but it doesn't work with
5.5.2.

Assuming that I always reply no when asked by make if I want to
install something, does make install anything outside of
/usr/local/interchange?

I use Interchange::Link and after installation I needed to run:

chgrp apache /usr/local/interchange/etc/
chgrp apache /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket
chmod g+rws /usr/local/interchange/etc/
chmod g+rws /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket

in order to get everything working.  Is there anything wrong with
setting that group and set of permissions to the file and folder in
the ebuild?

- Grant