[ic] one store gone nuts - 500 errors - HELP!

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Sep 4 19:05:57 EDT 2007

On 09/04/2007 02:22 PM, Glenn McCalley wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Store works fine until you press the final "Place Order" button on the
> checkout page.
> 500 - Internal Server Error.
>
> Last order placed, which was about 40 minutes before the trouble was
> reported, looks fine in orders directory.  Other orders within an hour
> or two previous are also fine.
> No changes made in several days to this store - not even products.
> This is one of several stores on the same server.  Others are all OK.
> Session expirations are up to date.
>
> - tracking.asc shows the last order OK with nothing but blank orders
> since (**ORDER xx START / STOP with nothing in between)
>
> - usertrack nothing special - logging current activity OK
>
> - error.log both store and IC not illuminating

The only time I have seen where the global error.log file doesn't show
something is if Perl itself crashes, check for a core dump.  Was Perl or
one of its modules recently upgraded?  Do you use the stock Perl or one
you compiled yourself?  What about the modules?  What platform are you
running on?

Peter