[ic] Debian an Interchange

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Mon Sep 10 14:03:33 EDT 2007

hudsondarnell40 at comcast.net wrote:
> I have a question does Debian install threaded perl by default
> I am having a big issue from changing from thread perl to non theard perl
> The modules don't work I try to reinstall non thread modules but no go.
>
> I find that is a big issue with Interchange and the whole threaded perl thing.

Debian sarge and etch releases install a threaded Perl by default. You can run
Interchange 5.5.1 (development release) on Debian etch. As far as we
can tell, it is just slower than on unthreaded Perl, but not necessarily
noticable on reasonable fast machines unless you get higher traffic.

There are also Debian packages for your convenience.

Regards
        Racke

Interchange Development Team