[ic] No check_tax with new state_select widget

Josh Lavin josh at myprivacy.ca
Tue Sep 18 13:42:08 EDT 2007

When using the new state_select widget to build the list of states on
Checkout, I've noticed that the check_tax routine to pop-up the
amount of tax is not included.

This code:
   [display name=state type=state_select value="[value state]"]
offers no way to run "onChange=check_tax(this.form)", as did the old
stuff.

I have hacked the country_select.widget on line 227 to include
check_tax:

- var str = '<select name="$svar_in" onChange="$v_formv.$svar.value =
this.value">';
+ var str = '<select name="$svar_in" onChange="$v_formv.$svar.value =
this.value;check_tax(this.form)">';

But, the pop-up now appears when the either the shipping or billing
state is one of the taxed ones.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get check_tax to run only with the
shipping state, with or without a hack?

Thanks,
--
Josh