[ic] Showing only Onhand Items

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Sep 19 11:18:03 EDT 2007

Quoting Peter (peter at pajamian.dhs.org):
> On 09/18/2007 11:12 PM, Armaghan Saqib wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to make a minor change to the tree menu to show items with onhand >= 1
> >
> > So after search docs, I have tried to change the link from:
> > scan/co=yes/fi=products/sf=prod_group/se=Hand
> > Tools/op=eq/tf=category,description
> >
> > to:
> > scan/co=yes/fi=products/sf=prod_group/se=Hand
> > Tools/op=eq/tf=category,description/nu=0/fi=inventory/sf=qty/se=1/op=>=/nu=1
> >
> > But I get the error: Sorry, no matches for Hand Tools | 1.
>
> You can't search across two files like that, use the [query] tag instead:
> <http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/tags/query.html>

Actually, you can:

	[area search="
			co=yes

			sf=prod_group
			se=Hand Tools
			op=eq
			nu=no

			sf=inventory:quantity
			se=1
			op=>=
			nu=yes

		"]

That will be fairly efficient, since the op=eq and a database search
will limit the matches to Hand Tools. But beware that using this for a
very large data set without a qualifier could get quite slow, as you
need to pull the quantity field by a separate query.

You can, of course, use [query ...] and that may indeed be the
right thing to do, especially if there is lots of data.

--
Mike Heins

-- Wernher Von Braun