[ic] Return best sellers from a single category?

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 11:49:58 UTC 2008

"IC" <ic at tvcables.co.uk> wrote:
> I am trying to modify the best component loop search to return only the
best
> selling products from a single category, I tried adding the following to
the
> loop search:-
>
>        	fi=products
> 		st=db
> 		co=yes
> 		sf=category
> 		se=my category name
>
> So the whole loop search ended up like this:-
>
> [loop search="
> 		fi=products
> 		st=db
> 		co=yes
> 		sf=category
> 		se=my category name
> 		fi=merchandising
> 		st=db
> 		ra=yes
> 		tf=times_ordered
> 		to=rn
> 		ml=[control matches 3]
> 	"]
>
> This doesn't work though, I have tried co=yes and co=no, can anyone
suggest
> a way to fix it please?

The "sf" parameter should include the table name, for a joined search,
like "tablename:colname".

See the examples in the documentation, here:

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Interchange_search_engine.html#Multi
ple_table_joined_coordinated_search_examples

Also the mv_search_field (sf) documentation, here:

http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Search_parameters.html#mv_search_fie
ld_sf

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply, I have modified the search to this:-

[loop search="
		co=yes
		sf=category
		se=my category name
		nu=0
		op=eq

		sf=merchandising:times_ordered
		se=1
		op=ge
		nu=1

		tf=merchandising:times_ordered
		to=rn
		ml=[control matches 3]
	"]

This returns 3 products from the correct category however it does not return
the 3 best sellers according to the times_ordered field, is there something
else missing?

Thanks,
Andy.