[ic] UPS Worldship Integration

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Mon Apr 28 16:35:40 UTC 2008

Steve Graham wrote:
> Has anyone integrated IC with UPS Worldship?
>
> Steve

Yep.  We use the ODBC capabilities of Worldship and setup and
import/export map.  We created an abstraction layer that loads all the
pending orders into a special database table with all the information
needed by Worldship, most of the logic happens at this stage.  Then we
use the keyed import field via Code 128 barcode printed on each packing
slip and scan that into worldship.  Worldship then reads the table
information and loads all of the necessary fields.  All the operator has
to do is enter box dimensions and hit F10 to process.

It works pretty good.  And we use that same table to load Fedex
Shipmanager and also Endicia galaxy ship info.  So we can process USPS,
UPS and Fedex with very little operator interaction.

Marty Tennison
dripdepot.com