[ic] Dealer Quantity Pricing Woes

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 15:36:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 23:09 +0100, IC wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am really struggling with dealer quantity pricing and how it actually
> works.
>
> I have setup a product in the pricing table that has q2, q5 prices etc and
> it also has w2, w5 prices etc, I want to use the q prices for everyone and
> the w prices for dealers.
>
> In catalog.cfg I have:-
>
> AutoModifier pricing:price_group
>
> AutoModifier gift_cert
> FractionalItems Yes
>
> Profile dealer <<EOR
> {
> 	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,
>
> 		pricing:w2,w5,w10,w25,w100:,
> 		;:wholesale,
> 		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
> 		;$,
> 		==:options
> EOF
> 	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
> }
> EOR
>
> Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price,
> ;:price, ;$, ==:options"
> Profile default NonTaxableField
> Profile default PriceField 0
>
> PriceField      0
> CommonAdjust    pricing:q2,q5,q10,q25,q100 ;:sale_price, ;:price, ;$,
> ==:options
>

> This works fine for general quantity pricing that everyone can see but
when
> logged in as user with dealer set to yes the quantity pricing still uses
the
> q values and not the w values.
>
> I have been through the docs and mail list but I cannot get it to work. If
> logged in as a dealer do I have to tell interchange to use the dealer
> profile or does it do it automatically, does it need some code at the top
of
> pages to set the dealer profile? I cannot seem to find a basic example of
> how it works, I have read the pricing docs and RTFM commonadjust pages but
> cannot find a basic description of how the profile works.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy.

Maybe first check to see if they are really logged in as a dealer.
Try adding this to a page and see:

[if scratch dealer]
  I am a Dealer, and I should get dealer prices!
[/if]

After that, at least you know the system does see them as a dealer...

rick

I just tried the demo store in IC 5.4.1 and dealer quantity pricing doesn't
seem to work in that either, it still picks up pricing from the q fields not
the w fields of the pricing table, has anyone got dealer quantity pricing to
work?

Thanks,
Andy.