[ic] Template Edit

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Fri Aug 15 21:05:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:54:55 -0700
"John Hoy" <johndhoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Group, Thanks for all previous help!  I am adding a new store.  I
> have used the demo to build my stores so far which works great for my
> skill set (limited).  My new store I want to have its width set to 749
> PX instead of the rest of my stores which are 100%.  I cannot seem to
> find the actual template which controls this.  I see a few templates,
> but when I try to edit them, no changes take place, is there a master
> template?

Oi,

There are a few ways to do this.

One way is to edit three files, templates/{leftonly,leftright,noleft}
in your catalog and adjust widths there. Since our Standard demo is
mostly table based, you will see

at the beginning of each file, and you change 100% to your value.

Another way is to edit variables/THEME_CSS and set your width
definition there through CSS.

Directly at the top of THEME_CSS you have the definition for BODY,
where you add something like:

  width: your width;
  margin: 0 auto; /* to center the page */

Cya,
-doc