[ic] Any change of having GIT be the default RCS for interchange?

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Aug 20 23:13:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

> With all the discussion about Revision Control Systems (RCS),

RCS is a specific, different beast. :)

> I wonder if whe could move interchange to git and have a public repo?
> I know I prefer using git.  I really like the idea of having interchange
> be in git.

I would like that too.

The place to start would be to have a public Git mirror of the CVS
repository. If enough of the Interchange Development Group likes using it,
we could switch easily enough.

I was planning on making mine public a few months ago, but ran into an
apparent bug in git-cvsimport that made it miss a batch of file deletions
and leave me with an inaccurate mirror. I haven't tracked the problem down
yet or regenerated my mirror.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen