[ic] Postgresql problem (pg newbe)

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Mon Aug 25 17:18:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:59:38 -0400
Rick Bragg <lists at gmnet.net> wrote:

> > Regarding the log files, did you look in both the global error.log
> > and catalog's error.log?
> >
> > The best way for this is
> >
> >   tail -F /path/to/ic/error.log /path/to/cat/error.log
> >

> > Also, try inserting the data manually, with something like
> >
> >   [query sql="insert into ABC values (1,2,3,....)"]
> >   [/query]
> >
> > (Of course, make sure ABC is an existing table and 1,2,3 are valid
> > values).
> >
> > -doc
>
> that's right, Nothing in both catalog and global log files.
> the query tag does the same as the perl tag.  It ticks the sequence,
> but no row.

Did you actually run a manual query on a simple table, like I
suggested?

IIRC the way Interchange usually does the insert is by retrieving
row code (sequence) in a separate query, before the actual data
insert query.

So it would be simpler to debug if you worked with a
manually-constructed simple query that all consisted of just one
call...

By the way, I notice you are using Postgres 8.3...

Jon, didn't you post some note about 8.3 incompatibility with
Interchange relatively recently?

Also, Rick, when IC re-creates the table in postgres (after
you delete .sql), does it just create the structure or also
import the rows from txt files?

-doc