[ic] Chinese language

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Thu Dec 4 18:48:04 UTC 2008

Hi Darnell,

> I am trying to figure out how to get my clients website to read
> Chinese
> I change the catalog.cfg variables to UTF-8 and it does not read it
> right
> but if I change it to Big5 it reads it a little but has like numbers
> and
> Characters in it.
> I try reload the product to does not work.

A couple questions:

1) Which variables you are changing in the catalog.cfg file?

2) Where are the breakages occurring; i.e., what are you expecting to
display in Chinese that isn't?

3) Is your database currently set up to use UTF-8 as the encoding?
Can you provide the database type and version number?

4) Have you verified that the source file that you are trying to load
is in the UTF-8 encoding?  It sounds like you are trying to load
product descriptions; can you give a more detailed explanation of what
you are trying to do?

Regards,

David
--