[ic] OT Google optimisations

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Fri Jan 18 07:09:42 EST 2008

Dear All,

(Off topic: hope it's not too offensive)

I am wondering if anyone has any pointers regarding the following.

1. When someone posts an add on e.g. eBay it almost instantly
can be found in Google. However, when I make changes to a
website and send a new sitemap to Google it seems to take
forever before the newly added or changed information can be
found in Google.

2. Some sites rank extremely high in Google for certain search
terms even though the content of their pages doesn't have hardly
any bearing on the search terms used. Also hardly any other sites
linking to them.
How is it possible that they have such a high ranking?

Please note:
- We use short urls containing search terms
- Meta information like title, description and keywords are provided
- Pages contain keywords etc in the body.
- We use Google sitemaps

I really welcome your input !
As this posting is off topic you'd better contact me off list I suppose.

Many thanks in advance !

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting