[ic] Apply strip filter globally

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Thu Jun 5 09:45:18 UTC 2008

Hello, folks!

It happens that users accidentally enter whitespace into form fields.
This whitespace clutters up the database or if catched by a proper
check shows confusing error messages.

For example, an user enters into an email field "bert at linuxia.de ".
The email_only OrderCheck catches the mistake and complains about
the invalid email address.

For specific fields the Filter directive is a solution:

Filter email strip

However, leading or trailing whitespace is almost never meaningful.

Is it possible to apply the strip filter globally and if not, do
you think we should support this notion in Interchange?

I'm happy to hear an yopinions and suggestions on this matter.

Regards
           Racke

Interchange Development Team