[ic] PostgreSQL 8.3

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Jun 18 15:14:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Rick Bragg wrote:

> I have a new 5.6.0 catalog running on PostgreSQL 8.3 and it seems to be
> fine. I built it from makecat on 5.6.0.
>
> However, I tried to migrate an older 5.4.2 catalog, and change it over
> from MySQL to PostgreSQL all in one shot, and the IC server for that
> catalog never starts, and hangs after building all the tables in the
> database.  It does make all the tables, but seems to die with no usefull
> info in any of the error logs.
>
> I saw the notes on Pg 8.3, but I would rather not run that script on my
> new Pg install.  I have time, and would rather fix any issues with IC to
> run with Pg 8.3
>
> Any suggestions?

More information would be helpful. You could turn on verbose logging in
Postgres itself, and see if anything informative is there. If you don't
have Interchange's debug logging enabled, try that too. An exact copy of
what it looks like when you try to start Interchange would be good too.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation