[ic] PostgreSQL 8.3

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Jun 18 21:11:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Rick Bragg wrote:

> I had debug logging enabled with IC, and there is nothing there, I
> turned on verbose logging with Pg.  It just hangs when I restart IC.

Odd.

What exact operating system, CPU architecture, etc. are you using?

Is Postgres running on the same machine? (That is, do you have the same
client library version as the server version?)

Are you connecting via UNIX or INET socket to Postgres?

> 2008-06-18 16:49:33 EDT LOG:  08P01: unexpected EOF on client connection
> 2008-06-18 16:49:33 EDT LOCATION:  SocketBackend, postgres.c:323

Did the above Postgres log messages appear before or after you killed the
hanging Interchange?

What does "grep log_ postgresql.conf" return? (That'll help to know what
*not* to expect in the log.)

Jon

--
Jon Jensen