[ic] javascript with 5.5.2

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Mar 13 00:03:56 EST 2008

"Sales Dept" <sstreich at hughes.net> wrote:
> I moved the script to the apache root folder and still received the same
> error Sorry, the page (js/script1.js) was not found. I then tried the
> <script type='text/javascript' src="[area href='js/script1.js']" </script>
> again the same error.
> I am using the mod_interchange module on this server which I am not on the
> 5.3 server.
> The javascript program I am trying to use is opencube's Quickmenu V6.3
> Nothing is showing in any of the logs to indicate what the problem is.

If you need Apache (with mod_interchange) to serve the file then do this:

    1. Create a directory called "js" in Apache's DocumentRoot and put
       your script in there.
    2. Add /js/ to mod_interchange's OrdinaryFileList directive in your
       Apache configuration.
    3. Restart Apache if you changed the config for #2.
    4. Use <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/script1.js"></script>
       in your HTML's <head> section.

Note that the leading "/" in the <script src> means that the file will
be expected to be rooted at the Apache DocumentRoot, which is the reason
for steps 1-3.

If you need Interchange to serve the file then do the following instead:

    1. Create a directory called "js" under your PageDir (pages)
       directory, which you'll find under your website's home.
       See the Catalog directive if you don't know where that is.
    2. Put your script in this new directory with a ".html" suffix
       (i.e. "script1.js.html")
    3. Use <script type="text/javascript" src="[area href='js/script1.js' add_dot_html=0]"></script>
       in your HTML's <head> section.

Note that you don't need the leading "/" in this case, as the [area]
tag will create the fully qualified URI for you.  Also note that you
shouldn't have Interchange serve the file unless there is something you
need Interchange to do with it, such as process ICML tags or variables
embedded in the file.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz