[ic] sql sessions - odd error

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Fri Mar 21 14:26:56 EST 2008

Jon Jensen wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, DB wrote:
>
>> I have a server with a fresh installs of Centos 5.1 and IC 5.4.2. My
>> sessions have been set up to mysql, and this works ok with IC set to
>> use the local machine's mysql server.
>>
>> The company which provides my rack space offers a redundant mysql
>> server, however it runs under Windows.
>>
>> When I tell IC to use the Windows mysql server, things mostly work,
>> but when a user tries to log in IC throws up an error such as:
>>
>> Failed to record timestamp in UserDB: DBD::mysql::st execute failed:
>> Incorrect datetime value: '1206123064' for column 'mod_time' at row 1
>> at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1633.
>>
>> Paerhaps there's some difference between the Linux and Windows
>> versions of mysql? Can anyone offer a suggestion?
>
> Do you literally mean you've set up Interchange to use MySQL for your
> session database, that is, the "SessionDB" directive is in catalog.cfg?
>
> Your error above is happening in UserDB, which is unrelated.
>
> Apparently MySQL on Windows isn't handling the Unix seconds-since-1970
> epoch. You can disable time field updating altogether by changing this
> line in catalog.cfg:
>
>     UserDB    default    time_field    mod_time
>
> to:
>
>     UserDB    default    time_field    none
>
> Then your userdb entries will not have a timestamp showing when they
> were updated. You could change the mod_time field to be a "timestamp"
> type, which I think MySQL automatically updates.

The default behaviour of the first timestamp in a table is automatically
update. As I learned from a problem in my synchronisation project you
can instruct MySQL to not update it automatically. Duh.

I think we should allow an option for UserDB to store as ISO date instead
of a timestamp.

Regards
         Racke

Interchange Development Team