[ic] Matrix help

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Mar 25 06:16:13 EST 2008

On 03/24/2008 11:37 PM, West Distribution Inc. wrote:
> Thanks Peter I appreciate the response,  I guess it is the Variant ID I
> want to display in the cart when a product with an option is added.  I
> am not sure if I am setting up the Variants correctly or not, but it
> seems to me that if when there are inventory items with options, each
> inventory item should have its own unique SKU. When that option of the
> item gets added to the cart,

Yes, that is how Matrix options work.  If you have an item set to Matrix
options and you don't have variants set up for it then you won't be able
to add it to your cart (so the fact that it can be added to the cart
means it's working).

> that unique SKU should display so the
> customer knows they have ordered the correct product.

Try switching [item-sku] to [item-code] in templates/components/cart, I
think that will work.

> This SKU could
> then get exported in a CSV file in order to import into an accounting
> program, where the SKU and quantity would be the only information
> carried forward to identify the product.

Both of those is contained in the orderline table.  You can easily do an
export to csv of just those fields from the admin UI.

Peter