[ic] use NET::SMTP::TLS

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri May 16 23:55:18 UTC 2008

On 05/16/2008 10:33 AM, scott at tildaworks.com wrote:
> Hello group
>
> I have a question, has anyone used Net::Send::SMTP::TLS before.
>
> I want to use Gmails email service for sending mail. (Its great!!)
>
> Google Apps allows me to host my domains email with them.
> So I would like to send all mail throUgh their sevice.
>
> Net::Send::SMTP::TLS
>
> use Email::Send;
>
>     my $mailer = Email::Send->new( {
>         mailer => 'SMTP::TLS',
>         mailer_args => [
>             Host => 'smtp.gmail.com',
>             Port => 587,
>             User => 'username at gmail.com',
>             Password => 'password',
>             Hello => 'fayland.org',
>         ]
>     } );
>
>     use Email::Simple::Creator; # or other Email::
>     my $email = Email::Simple->create(
>         header => [
>             From    => 'username at gmail.com',
>             To      => 'to at mail.com',
>             Subject => 'Subject title',
>         ],
>         body => 'Content.',
>     );
>
>     eval { $mailer->send($email) };
>     die
>
>  "Error sending email: $@" if $@;
>
> Has anyone does this. If so could you give example
>
> I've tried to setup postfix for relaying. IC I think has a problem
> with postfix and relaying
> So I thought I would just go around the problem and use perl to send to gmail

Interchange has built in support for Net::SMTP.  Just set the
SendMailProgram config directive to Net::SMTP and set the MV_SMTPHOST
variable to the hostname of the SMTP server.  Unfortunately IC does not
support SMTP authentication (yet it probably will in a future release).
  If you want to patch Email.pm to support authentication then feel free
to submit your patch.

Peter