[ic] error for login user

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Sun May 18 09:07:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 07:11:16PM -0700, Darnell Hudson wrote:
> Here is an error I found for creating an account
>
>     table userdb: set_row error as called by Vend::Table::DBI:
>     DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: null value in column "password"
>     violates not-null constraint at
>     /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1337.
>     fields=username,inactive values='bigd43',''''''

You're using Postgres right?

In the file /path/to/catalog/dbconf/pgsql/userdb.pgsql ,
the password field is defined as "NOT NULL", which is a problem
since Interchange adds a new user in two steps:

1) Adds user with blank password
2) Sets password on the existing user

So the solution to your problem is to:

0) stop interchange
1) remove "NOT NULL" for password field in the mentioned file
2) drop table 'userdb' from psql
3) delete file /path/to/catalog/products/.userdb.sql
4) restart Interchange

after that, Interchange will re-create the table without NOT NULL
constraint and things will work like fine.

See ya,
-doc