[ic] Order Route Question

Bill Carr bill at bottlenose-wine.com
Wed May 21 12:18:11 UTC 2008

Does each order route have to complete before the client sees the
receipt page? I am adding a route that posts the order information to
an external POS system via a web gateway. Posting the order is slow
and I do not want to annoy the consumer. I would like to post the
orders to the third party system "as they happen" but I don't want to
slow down the checkout process from the end user's perspective.

Using the IC order Route system seems like a neat and clean way to
handle this. I could always just put the code on the receipt page. I'm
don't know about the order, as in sequence, of operations at place
order time.

Any thoughts?

Bill Carr
bill at bottlenose-wine.com