[ic] Order Route Question

ic at 3edge.com ic at 3edge.com
Wed May 21 18:35:01 UTC 2008

Currently in the standard store there are 3 routes fired off from the
default:
Log  main  copy_user

log does whatever happens in etc/log_transaction and basically can fail your
order
main follows after that taking care of providing order e-mails
copy_user finally will send the mail to the user

Perhaps you can add an additional route 'pos'  which you could implement to
work as a background process ( error_ok  set to 1 because you do not care if
it fails, at least not towards the visitor of the site ) ...

The only thing about the whole approach I am wondering about is if your POS
system is down while an order happens. How do you envision to catch this?

CU,

Gert