[ic] Trying to upgrade to 5.6.0 but in a mess

Andrew Rich andrew at mapsdownunder.com.au
Mon May 26 13:14:13 UTC 2008

> date.

> updated OpenSSL 0.9.8g and Mod_SSL 2.8.31-1.3.41

> then I
> get "IE Cannot Display Page"

> > Are you using a recent IE-version? Is the certificate self signed? I
> > could be that Billy the Boy wants to protect you from harming
> yourself
> > from using free, selfsigned certs.. Maybe you should imprort your own
> > cert into IE first.. This is just a wild guess, cause I don't use IE.
> >
> > René
> >
> Thank you Rene
> All Was OK before I started this upgrade!
> Current IE 7 but also not working with Firefox for non MS users.
> SSL Cert is a Thawte and have used for years.
> I know problem is at server end not client.
> I am also getting messages about Apache modules use plain Apache API
> but
> need to be recompiled with -DEAPI.
> Andrew

Finally I think I'm back in business!

Worked out that to compile the Apache Modules with EAPI I needed to delete
previous compiled files from src/modules/standard before doing make! I think
this just actually stopped error messages in the Apache startup and reduced
the risk of crash!!!

Added Listen 443 back into new Apache config file.  This was the missing
bit.

Now lets take advantage of v 5.6.0 now!!

Regards
Andrew.