[ic] UPSE Online, special handling charge, adder

Steve Graham icdev at mrlock.com
Wed Nov 19 20:33:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

We have a few items in our inventory that require a large/irregular box, and
causes a surcharge from UPS due to box size.

I am considering adding a field to the products file to flag these items,
and if there is at least one item on an order that requires the special box
size then add on a flat surcharge to the shipping fee.  I don't want to add
the surcharge per item, just 1 time if any flagged items are on the order.

Has anyone done something like this, any suggestions?
I was thinking  the adder in shipping.asc might work, but not sure.

thanks,
Steve