[ic] Password Problem

Paul Jordan jordan at gishnetwork.com
Fri Sep 12 19:08:27 UTC 2008

> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of kim Gross
> Paul Jordan wrote:
> >> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of kim Gross
> >> I'm not sure what happened (could be something to do with a power
> >> outage), but I can no longer log in as admin to work on my interchange
> >> setup.  How can I reset the password or look it up on the machine?  I
am
> >> running 5.4.2 on a Debian install via apt.
> >>

> > Kim, this has been asked and answer many times in the archives.
> >
> > However, this info is stored in <catroot>/products/access.asc. If you
have
> > SSH access, the suggestions in the archives will work great.
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Paul
> >

> I guess I am just not smart enough to run this software.  I have looked
> in access.asc, and can not find anything that seems to be the password.
> Plus from what I could tell from reading the archives from years ago,
> the password is encrypted,  So I am not sure what the password is.
>
> my access.asc has this for the first 2 lines
>
> username        password        name    last_login      super
> yes_tables      no_tables       upload  acl     export  edit    pages
> files   config  reconfig        groups  meta    no_functions
> yes_functions   table_control   personal_css
> __MVC_SUPERUSER__       __MVC_CRYPTPW__ Site Admin      977216772       1
>

> Does this make the password the 977216772 entry?

Was this a very old catalog? I have never seen variables in place of the
user and password before...

At any rate, this tells me something like you have a MVC_SUPERUSER
MVC_CRYPTPW in your products/variables.txt file. That really doesn't make
sense though... Maybe look for those variables in your catalog.cfg as well.
You can of course just replace those variables with actual values as well
right in access.asc.

Yes, it is encrypted, so if you have a working catalog that you *can* access
somewhere just copy those values, restart and login via those credentials.

You can also just quickly install another (new) catalog to a new directory
somwhere, grab it's default created values, paste them into your access.asc
and go from there. The temporary catalog you make can be deleted later on as
you only made to generate a password.

HTH

Paul