[ic] Interchange and memcached

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 17 15:00:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Ethan Rowe wrote:

>> Has anyone had a play around at getting interchange to use memcached
>> (http://www.danga.com/memcached/) yet?
>
> Yes.  We're working on that right now, actually, though it's in a highly
> customized situation that doesn't lend itself to contribution to the
> community, unfortunately.

In addition to this, a couple of years ago I added support to Interchange
for using memcached sessions.

The client it was developed for never went live with it, because they felt
that memcached sessions were perhaps a bit *too* ephemeral, since losing
any of the memcached instances would mean losing that segment of sessions.
That's a judgement call, but a reasonable one, depending on how important
your sessions are to you over the long haul.

Since it never went into production it never got extensive testing and I
never committed it. If anyone's interested in it, I could dig it up and
put it in the development branch, though.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation