[ic] Interchange server is unavailable

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Mon Sep 29 15:01:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:42:44 +0400
"Yury L.Olkov" <dicom at mail.ru> wrote:

> I'm trying to start Interchange but have this error:
>
> We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
> We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand.
> Please try again soon.

See which user the small CGI link program is executing as,
and what are the permissions on the Interchange Unix socket.

Most probably the link program cannot open the socket, it timeouts
after a few tries, and outputs the above generic message.

Temporary quick-measure until you solve the problem properly
is setting "SocketPerms 0666" in your interchange.cfg.

-doc