[ic] Comodo is attempting to spam this list with fakerenewal notices

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Thu Apr 30 00:32:07 UTC 2009

From: "DB" <DB at M-and-D.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:24 PM
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Subject: [ic] Comodo is attempting to spam this list with	fakerenewalnotices>>>
>>> I've always used GeoTrust. They may not be the cheapest, but I've
>>> never had a problem with them.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josh Lavin
>>> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
>>
>> I've been using Geotrust for a few years now also, but $899.00 for a
>> renewal
>> for EV SSL vs EV SSL with Godaddy @ $299.00
>> hmmm......
>
> I had to have a godaddy cert refunded because the "security seal" was
> consistently slow to load, causing the secure pages on which I had it
> displayed (such as my checkout page) to load slowly. Their support had
> no answer for me other than the refund.
>

> DB

I get them here for $15 and never had any issues.

http://www.theplanet.com/ssl-certificates

But, I don't need Seals or Extended Validation. People just know to look for
the lock IMO.

Paul Jordan

  Gish Network > For print, web, and life.
  t.626.275.2517   f.866.401.2657
  Design & Programming | www.gishnetwork.com
  Event Photography | www.voirvenir.com