[ic] Character encodings and FCK editor

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Thu Aug 6 15:36:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 09:22 +0300, Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> [...]
Seems to work fine in the admin UI. it changes the tm into ™

> Q2: would you have the option to install the nightly build?
Yes do have this option

> Q3: your database has a certain encoding?
Database Server info:
# Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4-log
# Protocol version: 10
# Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
# User: root at localhost
# MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
# MySQL connection collation: utf8_unicode_ci

Table specific info:
# collation: latin1_swedish_ci   <---Maybe this is part of my problem??

> Q4: is it possible to paste the snippet of code/page that makes use of the
> FCKeditor,
>     If so paste it at http://paste.me.uk/
>     This could help in making sure we're on the same base to test this
> issue.

I realize that there is allot that I am doing wrong here, and
I am currently in the middle of changing things around. but here goes
anyway...
http://www.paste.me.uk/1335.html

Thanks
rick