[ic] "Byte order is not compatible" from moving sessions 32-bit -> 64-bit?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:33:32 UTC 2009

I just moved a catalog from a 32-bit system to a 64-bit system, and I
noticed this error popping up intermittently in the global error.log:

/page.html Died in server spawn: Byte order is not compatible at
blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
blib/lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al) line 380, at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/SessionFile.pm line 77

I did some searching on Google and it sounds like it could be caused
from copying sessions from the 32-bit system to the 64-bit system,
since I copied the entire catalog across.  I'm hoping these disappear
as the old sessions expire.  Just thought I'd mention it in case
someone else sees the same errors.

- Grant