[ic] ups-query problem.

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Thu Aug 13 18:53:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have the following ups-query tag:

[ups-query
    weight=5
    origin=05404
    zip=90210
    country=US
    mode=GNDRES
 ]

This returns $10.29.

However, when I look up the same on the UPS website, I get the
following:

UPS Ground:      13.56 USD
Fuel Surcharge:   0.47  USD
Total:           14.03 USD

Seems the farther the distance, and faster the method I use, the bigger
the spread, ouch!  Creating code to try do compensate for this is just a
bad idea.  It will pretty much never be right.

This has actually been a long time problem as far as I can tell, but I
never really needed to use this until now.

Is ups-query no longer used? What is going on with this?  Anybody?

Thanks
Rick

believed to be clean.