[ic] Mysql session problems

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Wed Aug 26 14:27:25 UTC 2009

>> Hi - I'm attempting to get Mysql sessions to work following the
>> instructions I found online. In my catalog.cfg I have:
>>
>> ########################################
>> Variable MYSQL_SESSIONS_YES 1
>> Variable SESSION_DSN dbi:mysql:sessiondb:localhost
>>
>> ifdef MYSQL_SESSIONS_YES
>> Message Enabling MySQL-based sessions...
>> SessionType DBI
>> Database sessions_mysql sessions_mysql.txt __SESSION_DSN__
>> Database sessions_mysql USER myuser
>> Database sessions_mysql PASS mypass
>> Database sessions_mysql KEY code
>> Database sessions_mysql COLUMN_DEF "code=varchar(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY
>> KEY"
>> Database sessions_mysql INDEX code
>> Database sessions_mysql COLUMN_DEF "session=text"
>> Database sessions_mysql COLUMN_DEF "sessionlock=VARCHAR(64) DEFAULT ''"
>> Database sessions_mysql COLUMN_DEF "last_accessed=TIMESTAMP(14)"
>> SessionDB sessions_mysql
>> Message ...Done
>> endif
>>
>> ifndef MYSQL_SESSIONS_YES
>> Message MySQL-based sessions not enabled.
>> endif
>> ########################################
>>
>> Session data indeed appears in the table and most things work. But I
>> get
>> some "500 Internal Server" errors while using the admin ui. In
>> /usr/local/interchange/erorr.log I see
>>
>> [23/August/2009:20:02:52 -0400] test
>> /cgi-bin/test/admin/content_editor.html Session lock fetch execute
>> failed: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
>> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/SessionDB.pm line 95.
>
> The issue happens only on the content_editor.html page in the admin or you
> get it with whatever request you do using the admin?

Thanks for the reply. So far I've only seen the error while using the
content editor. I can't be sure that it doesn't happen at other times.

> MySQL site has a page on this error with a whole load of possible reasons,
> which is not too helpful:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/gone-away.html
>
> Perhaps temporarily switching on DataTrace could pinpoint where MySQL goes
> south:
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/DataTrace.html
>
> CU,
>
> Gert

I did enable DataTrace by adding the following to interchange.cfg

Variable   DEBUG  1
DebugFile  /tmp/icdebug
DataTrace  1

but no such debug file exists even after several new occurrences of the
session error.

I did notice however that the error seems to occur when I connect to the
admin site through a proxy server. Disabling the proxy in my browser
appears (so far) to make the problem go away. There are many proxy users
in the world of course. Can anyone comment ?

DB